Tourism in the Anjou, Touraine and Poitou
During your campsite holiday near Saumur, you can explore the Anjou, Touraine and Poitou!
The castle of Montreuil Bellay
Ideally located in the Valley of Kings and a few steps from your holiday site, the castle of Montreuil Bellay, built over 4 centuries, brilliantly unites the power of the Middle Ages and the elegance of the Renaissance.
The town centre may be discovered on foot through the pedestrian streets. Make halt at the Place Saint-Pierre, where you can admire half-timbered houses.
During your stay on the campsite, you can visit the troglodytic villages of the Loire Valley. About one thousand kilometres of underground galleries make this region the biggest troglodytic area of France.
Zoo of Doué La Fontaine
In an exceptional setting hollowed out in the Anjou rocks, the Bioparc Zoo de Doué la Fontaine invites you to discover a fascinating world of wild animals. Here you can visit various themed areas (giraffes, rhinoceros, South American birds, leopards, Europe's biggest aviary…).
The Vélo Francette
Make use of your camping holiday to cycle on the Francette track that crosses Basse-Normandie, the Pays de la Loire and Poitou-Charentes.
Monuments and tourist sites you may not miss:
- Castle of Montreuil-Bellay
- Wine cellars (1 km)
- Mushroom cellars (5 km)
- The most crazy castle of the Loire « Brezé » (7 km)
- Fontevraud Abbey (10 km)
- Zoo Bioparc de Doué-la-Fontaine (15 km)
- Troglodytic dwellings of Doué-la-Fontaine (15km)
- Cadre Noir of Saumur (15 km)
- Craftsmen village of Turquant (20 km)
- Castles of the Loire (Saumur, Monstoreau, Brissac…)
- Futuroscope of Poitiers (80 km)
- Puy du Fou theme park (75 km)